- The original Seven Species (Shivat HaMinim) that are named in the Torah is illustrated in rich tones.The beauty of the Land of Israel is described as "... a good land, a land with streams and springs and fountains issuing from plain and hill; a land of wheat and barley, of vines, figs, and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey... "
The Shivat HaMinim contain special levels of holiness. The Kabbalists teach each one channels a spiritual connection. Wheat = Hesed (kindness); barley = Gevura (restraint); Grapes = Tiferet (beauty); figs = Netzach (endurance); pomegranates = Hod (majesty and glory - their stems even look like little crowns!); Olives = Yesod (foundation); Dates = Malchut (kingdom).
About April Stewart Klausner: An illustrator and designer, April lives and works in a small village in Litchfield County, Connecticut. April has created illustrations for textiles and print, New York City Jewish day schools, a Hudson Valley, New York organic farm and educational center, a grassroots organization to promote voting, the top-ranked children’s hospital in New York plus various forms of Judaica. Using vibrant, saturated color, her work is often inspired by the beauty of nature and the rituals of her culture, seeking to use her art to elevate the observances and celebrations within Jewish tradition.
- Material / Ingredients / Care
- Archival Ink Printed on 100% Cotton Paper
- Country of Origin: United States
- Maisonette Product ID: Item number APRI24150235